- A utility desired to establish an “integrated customer data and analytics” platform, using emerging tools such as Hadoop. The proposed system would tie together several large and disparate data sources, and incorporate both proprietary and open source modeling and data management software.
- We advised on analytical software selection to match five use cases. We highlighted advantages and disadvantages of each tool and it’s ability to work in a big data context. We recommended how each task in a pipeline should be executed in order to maximize performance.
- Faster building of models by leveraging high-performance data processing and modeling technologies
- Faster deployment to reporting and downstream operational system.
- Better data governance and security.